Sunday, March 27, 2011

Product Review: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

This past week/week and a half has been soo incredibly hectic!  A combination of the last part of spring break and studying for not one but TWO tests the week after spring break along with being nasty sick has made updating my blog the last thing on my mind.  My apologies to the few of you who actually read this thing :)

I've been meaning to write about this for a while now!  Probably about a month ago, I tried these new Sally Hansen nail polish stickers. These little things kept catching my eye on my weekly Target trip, so I told myself that it has to be a sign that I try these things out.  I was skeptical because 1) they claimed to last up to 10 days, and I just couldn't see them lasting that long, and 2) I have acrylic nails and wasn't sure how well they would stay on.  But I thought what the heck?  So I paid my $9 and bought the pretty pink sparkly ones :)  Overall, they are pretty simple to do.  It does take a little longer than actually painting your nails- it took me about an hour- but that's just because if you rush and aren't careful, they will look janky.  But since I took my time (and because I'm a perfectionist), they looked really good.  And to make me even more happy with them, they lasted about 2 weeks with minimal chips, peeling, etc.  When you're ready to take them off, they remove easily with nail polish remover, and they don't leave any gunk or residue behind!  I would definitely recommend them to anyone! :)

Before...

...After.

I liked them so much, I put them on my toes.  Don't judge my janky foot.
The pink sparkly stickers on my hands are called "Bling it On".
The flowery ones on my toes are called "Girl Flower".  I only put a strip on my big toe because my other toenails are so small I thought it kind of would have been a waste on my other toes.
I definitely recommend these!  You can get them at Walmart, Target, Ulta, or anywhere that sells Sally Hansen products.  They are about $9, which does seem kind of pricy just for nail stickers, but TRUST ME, they are worth every penny.  And they come in 24 different colors and prints, like camo, hot pink, glitter, lace and houndstooth, so you're guaranteed to find one that you just have to have :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment